List Price: $19.99 | MAY 2010
- ISBN: 9780805447743
- Binding: Paper Over Board
- Page Count: 256
- Trim Size: 9 x 6 x .52
- Weight: 1.1lb
- Status: Active
- Pub Date: May 2010
Making Disciples through Short-Term Missions
Remarkably, thirty percent of North American teenagers—millions of people between the ages of 13 and 17—have engaged in religious missions or service projects. Building on this statistic, the authors of TransforMission believe that short-term mission is one way God is taking the gospel to the nations and, concurrently, transforming the lives of these student participants.
Writing to youth ministers, missiologists, church leaders, adult volunteers, and post-high school students, they assess strategies for further promoting this kind of involvement by exploring several questions:
• What mechanisms is God employing to achieve this advance in mission?
• What is taking place in the lives of believers who are obediently participating in the fulfillment of the Great Commision?
• What are the theological and theoretical foundations for the life transformation that is occurring?
• What is the most effective means of conducting short-term mission experiences?
Other Titles in Evangelism & Missions
- Disciple Making Is . . .
- The Second Reformation
- Theology and Practice of Mission
- Evangelism Is . . .
- The Great Commission Resurgence
- Charts for a Theology of Evangelism
- The Mission of Today's Church
- Called to Reach
- Breaking the Missional Code
- The Bridger Generation
- Planting Missional Churches
- The Art of Personal Evangelism
- Introduction to Evangelism