Modern hymn writers Keith & Kristyn Getty release first book Sing!
Nashville, Tenn. (September 1, 2017)―Critically-acclaimed modern hymn writers Keith and Kristyn Getty will release their first book Sing! How Worship Transforms Your Life, Family, and Church (September 1, B&H Publishing Group) as part of their Sing! campaign to encourage and reform congregational worship.
The Gettys are best known for reinventing the traditional hymn form, with over 60 songs featured on top 2,000 Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI) charts between the U.K. and U.S. Their most popular hymn, “In Christ Alone,” co-written by Keith with Stuart Townend, has been the No. 1 hymn sung in the U.K. for nine consecutive years and is currently the No. 9 song in the U.S. Each year, the Gettys reach tens of millions of people through their tour, music, and ministry.
- To discover why believers sing and the overwhelming joy and holy privilege that comes with singing
- To consider how singing impacts the hearts, minds, and lives of believers
- To help readers cultivate a culture of family singing in their daily home life
- To equip churches for wholeheartedly singing to the Lord and one another as an expression of unity
- To inspire believers to see congregational singing as a radical witness to the world
“Though maybe misunderstood, regularly a bone of contention, and often under-practiced, congregational singing is one of the greatest and most beautiful tools we have been given to declare God’s ‘excellencies,’ strengthening His Church and sharing His glory with the world,” the Gettys write.
“This book is about singing together as the church in a way that impacts all of your life. It is a conversation for the whole church, including you, whether your singing voice is a close friend to you or more of an awkward stranger. It explores something that is part of the worship life of every follower of Christ.”
In addition to the release of Sing!, the Gettys will host the “Sing! Getty Music Worship Conference,” the first-ever global church music conference September 18-20 in Nashville, Tennessee as part of their Sing! campaign. The conference is for pastors, musicians, and leaders to reform and encourage congregational singing, featuring speakers such as Alistair Begg, D.A. Carson, David Platt, Joni Eareckson Tada, Laura Story, and others. For more information, visit https://www.gettymusicworshipconference.com.
Sing! can be found everywhere books are sold on September 1. For more information about Sing!, visit www.thesingbook.com.
Keith and Kristyn Getty occupy a unique space in the world of music as [pre-eminent] modern hymn writers and global ambassadors for the genre. Perhaps best-known for the modern hymn, “In Christ Alone” (written by Keith with Stuart Townend), the Gettys have helped reinvent the traditional hymn form and invigorate the interest in hymns of a whole new generation of people, creating a catalog of songs teaching Christian doctrine and crossing musical genres. Their Sing! campaign is part of a movement to encourage church congregations in their singing. Keith and Kristyn live between Northern Ireland and Nashville with their daughters, Eliza, Charlotte, and Grace.
- Release date: September 1, 2017
- Hardcover: 176 pages
- ISBN-10: 1462742661 | ISBN-13: 978-1462742660
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.7 x 7.3 inches
- Chapter 1: Created to…Sing!
- Chapter 2: Commanded to…Sing!
- Chapter 3: Compelled to…Sing!
- Chapter 4: Sing!…with Heart and Mind
- Chapter 5: Sing!…with Your Family
- Chapter 6: Sing!…with the Local Church
- Chapter 7: The Radical Witness When Congregations…Sing!
- Postlude: Will You Sing?
- Track One: For Pastors and Elders
- Track Two: Worship and Song Leaders
- Track Three: Musicians, Choirs, and Production
- Track Four: Songwriters and Creatives