The ERLC Releases The Gospel For Life Series to Address Urgent Topics Facing the Church
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (June 15, 2016) B&H Publishing Group is proud to announce the release of the first three books in The Gospel For Life series, edited by the Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission president Russell Moore and Director of Policy Studies Andrew Walker.
Each installment in The Gospel For Life series is designed to address hot-button ethical issues facing Christians in today’s culture. The first three books, The Gospel and Same-Sex Marriage, The Gospel and Racial Reconciliation, and The Gospel and Religious Liberty, will be released June 2016. There will be a total of nine books in the series.
“The Gospel for Life is about taking the truths of Scripture, the story of redemption and adoption by a risen Lord Jesus, and applying them to the questions and situations that we face in the ordinary course of life,” commented Moore. “Our goal with this series is to help connect the agenda of the gospel to the complex questions of the day in a way that is accessible and helpful to Christians and churches.”
The books include discussion questions at the end of each chapter. Moore’s hope for the series is that it will “answer urgent questions that people are asking” and be easily utilized in anything from a small group setting, new member class, or sermon series.
Key contributors to the series include:
- R. Albert Mohler, Jr.: President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and author of We Cannot Be Silent
- J.D. Greear: Pastor of The Summit Church (NC) and author of Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heartand Gaining by Losing
- Matt Chandler: Pastor of The Village Church (TX) and author of Recovering Redemptionand The Mingling of Souls
- John Piper: Founder of Desiring God and author of Don’t Waste Your Life
- Eric Mason: Pastor of Epiphany Fellowship (PA) and author of Manhood Restoredand Unleashed
- Trillia Newbell: Author of Fear and Faith: Finding the Peace Your Heart Craves; speaker, writer, and contributor to Desiring God and The Gospel Coalition
- Thabiti Anyabwile: Pastor for Anacostia River Church, council member of The Gospel Coalition, and author of Reviving the Black Church
- D.A. Horton: Pastor of Reach Fellowship, Los Angeles
- Jim Daly: President of Focus on the Family
- Dennis Rainey: Co-host of Family Life Today Radio
In March 2015, B&H announced its partnership with the ERLC of the Southern Baptist Convention. The next three books in the series are scheduled to release January 2017 and will discuss how the gospel shapes Christians’ understanding of abortion, adoption, and marriage.
“The time has long past for churches to begin preparing to engage a rapidly changing culture,” said Devin Maddox, Christian Living and Leadership Publisher at B&H. “I couldn’t be more excited for B&H to partner with the ERLC in a shared mission to serve churches in this way.”
For more information about The Gospel for Life, visit TheGospelforLifeSeries.com.
Russell Moore is president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation’s largest Protestant denomination. The Wall Street Journal called him “vigorous, cheerful, and fiercely articulate.” He is the author of several books, including the Christianity Today 2016 Book of the Year, Onward: Engaging Culture without Losing the Gospel. He and his wife Maria are the parents of five sons. Visit RussellMoore.com to learn more.
Andrew T. Walker serves as the Director of Policy Studies. In his role, he researches and writes about human dignity, family stability, religious liberty, public theology, and the moral principles that support civil society. He also helps direct the ERLC’s Research Institute. Andrew is currently a Ph.D. student in Ethics at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. His most recent book is Marriage is: How Marriage Transforms Society and Cultivates Human Flourishing. He is married to Christian, and they have two daughters.