The Gospel & Work
You are not what you do.
So often, in America, we define who we are by what we do. We introduce ourselves by our job titles. We ask, “What do you do?” to be polite in small talk. We define others by their occupation. But there are good reasons to connect what you do with your time, whether that is 9-to-5 work, or managing a household full of children. God created us to work, not as judgment, but in cooperation with a mandate given to humanity long before the fall. Your work isn’t who you are, but it is central to why you are here. When we get that confused, our work can be the most frustrating aspect of our lives. So, what now?
Editors Russell Moore and Andrew T. Walker of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) assemble leading voices to frame the issue with a gospel-centered perspective. The Gospel for Life series gives every believer a biblically-saturated understanding of the most urgent issues facing our culture today, because the gospel is for all of life.
- ISBN: 9781433690488
- Trim Size: 7 x 5 x 0.32
- Page Count: 144
- Weight: 0.3
- Binding: Hardback
- Status: ACT
- Publication Date: April 2017
More in The Gospel for Life
- The Gospel & Parenting - Hardback (9781433690440)
- The Gospel & Pornography - Hardback (9781433690457)
- The Gospel & Marriage - Hardback (9781433690433)
- The Gospel & Abortion - Hardback (9781433690396)
- The Gospel & Racial Reconciliation - Hardback (9781433690464)
- The Gospel & Religious Liberty - Hardback (9781433690471)
- The Gospel & Same Sex Marriage - Hardback (9781433690495)