The Great American Awakening
Following his NYT best seller, Saving Freedom, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint’s The Great American Awakening chronicles two tumultuous years from the presidential election of 2008 through the mid-term elections of 2010. Untold insider views of the controversial stimulus bill passage, corporate takeovers, and lesser-known executive actions that epitomize political paybacks and moral decay will further motivate DeMint’s fellow citizens to reclaim their government and country in 2012.
Just as fascinating, the South Carolina official talks openly about his seized upon high profile moments—from that “Waterloo” comment regarding health care reform to becoming known as “Senator Tea Party.” He also addresses close-to-home disappointments such as the infidelity of Christian friends like Governor Mark Sanford and Senator John Ensign, and shares personal spiritual insights that came from being part of such public battles.
But more than anything, The Great American Awakening champions the American people who now feel a powerful stirring in their souls to take on Washington and realign politics in this nation. DeMint tracks grass-roots developments, and new movements like the Freedom Congress, fully expecting a fundamental sea change for the better to happen soon.
- This app includes:
- 100 encouraging quotes taken from the book formatted to share via Twitter, Facebook, Email, or Text message
- A sample of the book and the ability to purchase the full book via in-app purchase
- Twitter news feed to follow the latest from the authors and other related sources
- Headline feed to follow the latest news and posts from the authors’ blogs
- Video and audio feed to get the latest posts and podcasts