Transformational Discipleship DVD
Transformational Discipleship DVD introduces church staff members, church leadership teams, and small groups to the content found in the B&H book "Transformational Discipleship." The DVD supplements this book and provides a discussion guide for participants. It consists of four video sessions, each approximately 30 minutes long. Get a better understanding of Transformational Discipleship and start a conversation with your team about implementing its principles in your church or small group.
Session one features author Eric Geiger providing an overview of the project that includes the purpose of the book, discoveries from research, and insights from experts in the area of discipleship. Sessions two through four feature conversations with authors Michael Kelley and Philip Nation discussing "the transformational sweet spot" — the intersection of truth given by healthy leaders to someone in a vulnerable position. In the past, discipleship focused on knowledge or information and behavioral modification. Christ-centered discipleship results in true spiritual transformation. LifeWay Research discovered that certain factors are at work in the lives of believers who are progressing in spiritual maturity.
Eight domains of spiritual maturity:
Obeying God and Denying Self
Serving God and Others
One DVD with four group sessions featuring authors
One CD-ROM with discussion-starter content and viewer guides
Understand the content more thoroughly by hearing directly from the authors.
Inspire yourself and your team to generate more ideas and strategies for discipleship in your church.
Encourage genuine life change in your church members as your discipleship efforts improve.
Transformational Church DVD Discussion Guide
This video-driven, interactive guide is a supplemental resource, complementing the Transformational Church trade book. Leadership teams can use it to stimulate discussion about Transformational Church research and principles, and how to apply those findings to their individual church settings.
- Teaching DVD 6 sessions, 30 minutes each.
- Teaching element, 20 minutes with Ed Stetzer and Thom Rainer introducing principles and connecting with pastors, staff members, and lay leadership.
- Application element: 10 minutes with Philip Nation and Bruce Raley talking to leaders about how to unpack key principles of teaching from the perspective of their experience as church leaders.
- CD-ROM with discussion helps for church staff and church leadership teams.
- Listening Guide for church leaders to use for taking notes.
- Discussion Guides for leaders to use immediately following the video presentation.
- A message of hope for today's church
- Changing the scorecard of measurable results for evaluating the church
- DVDs allow leaders to hear directly from subject-matter experts Ed Stetzer and Thom Rainer
- Ideal for church staff meetings, leadership team meetings, deacon meetings, and elder meetings.
|Connect Grow Serve Go: Moving Toward a Balanced Approach to Adult Ministry|
This 48-page booklet introduces and defines the Connect Grow Serve Go components of LifeWay's Adult Ministry Strategy. All 4 of the CGSG elements are explained in detail, including practical tips on what to do and reflective questions to consider.
|Growing Disciples Series|
Growing Disciples Series, developed by Claude King, co-author of Experiencing God! This new series begins with The Call to Follow Christ, which presents an overview of 6 spiritual disciplines. Subsequent studies help new and growing believers understand and put into action these 6 disciplines for a lifestyle of faithful and fruitful ife in Christ.